This course offers students an overview of the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities for achieving project requirements. It helps student understanding of how project management is accomplished through the application and integration of the project management processes of initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing. In this course, we introduce the concept of project management, discuss the role of project manager, identify and orient students with the issues related to planning the project, schedule and project control and evaluation and management of project team.
Key learning Areas
- Background to project management.
- Needs analysis and project identification.
- Project planning.
- Project implementation.
- Project evaluation, monitoring and control.
- Project closure.
The objective of the project supervision is to guarantee good-quality implementation of the project with optimal costs pursuant to the contract agreement, technical standards and norms. In this course learners shall gain useful skills and expertise to lead and manage projects.Key Learning Areas
- Organisational structures.
- Supervising and monitoring a project team.
- Reporting progress on a project.
- Identifying and rectifying problems occurring in a project.
- Setting up, running and closing a project.